For absolute newbies in project management.
We will be happy if GanttProject helps you to do your project management labs. It will not teach you, though.
To learn project management, checkout your lectures, online courses and books. Some of them are listed below:
is maintained on our blog.
Mark Portnell from the University of Edinburgh recorded a video tutorial using one of the beta versions of GanttProject 2.5.
If you are an absolute newbie, spend 15 minutes of your time on this video.
Check it out on YouTube.
GanttProject is free software. Its code is covered by a number of different opensource licenses. The full list of
them is available on the license page. Getting all of them right is a tough task.
A short summary below will give you an idea of what you can do with GanttProject, but keep in mind that
devil is in the details, and if you really care, you should consult with your lawyer.
- You may use unmodified binaries for any purposes, including commercial usage.
- You don't have to pay anything for using GanttProject.
- You have an access to the source code and you are allowed to modify the sources of GanttProject.
- If you redistribute modified binaries of GanttProject, you must provide all the sources to
the receiver of a binary copy on his first request.
Modifications should be covered by the same license as the original sources.
- If you don't make your modifications publicly available, you don't have to publish the modified sources.